Who are we looking for?
An experienced Data Engineer for our UAE based client. The ideal candidate will not only have extensive technical knowledge, but will also demonstrate knowledge of financial markets and investment portfolio management schemes. The job is 100% remote, so it will require you to be well organized and have excellent communication skills in English. If you are not afraid of new challenges and want to get to know an interesting work environment, this offer is for you!
You will have the opportunity to deal with:
- Building and managing high-volume data flows using PySpark
- Maintaining high quality code and implementing best practices
- Solving business problems and offering technical solutions
- Presenting the best technical solutions to customers and taking responsibility for the results
- Increasing productivity by using automation where possible and reasonable
Great if you have:
- Knowledge of ETL processes
- At least 3 years of experience using Python
- At least 3 years of experience working with PySpark or Pandas
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures that are most commonly used
- Experience working in an Agile environment (CI/CD, code review, unit tests)
- Problem solving skills
- Good command of English and good communication skills
Additionally, we will appreciate:
- Knowledge of financial markets and major asset classes (equity, fixed income, income, etc.)
- Portfolio risk management: knowledge of portfolio exposure concepts.